Thursday, October 20, 2005

Finished Mitts

YAY! I finished my mitts tonight and I love, love, LOVE them! I don't have a picture yet, because my pics in the bathroom mirror sucked big time, but they look like the pic in my last post, only two of them. LOL

I got another repeat done on Paws, but... As I completed the repeat and held it up, I noticed something not quite right.. I dropped stitch about 6 or 8 rows back!! OMG!! How can that be? I count my stitches after EVERY row and I had the right amount on every row.

I can only think that I dropped it on a k2tog or a ssk. Fortunately, the wool held and it didn't run. I didn't want to rip back that many rows and I was way too afraid to try dropping the stitch from the top and run it back, not with lace! Nuh-uh, no way!

With patience and a crochet hook, I was able to weave the stitch through the rows, around the eyelets and back up to the top, then did a k2tog. It's invisible to the naked eye, if you know it's there, you can feel it, but I think once it's blocked, it will be just fine. I wish I would have caught it when I did it, but I'm just SO glad that I noticed it at all!

So is Zack...No, really, he just looks pissed coz I wouldn't let him go back to his nap. He loves his Harley vest.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home