Thursday, October 13, 2005

Cables and DPNs

So, Paws to Remember and River are both coming along nicely, I have 4 repeats left on Paws and another repeat (7th) done on River. I made a Feather & Fan dishcloth out of some scrap yarn and a cute little coin purse, so I'm looking for a portable project. Something that doesn't require a lot of concentration.

Then I saw Cari's cute gauntlets using Jodi's pattern (this is a pdf file link, FYI).

Let's see, I made sweaters with cables 20 years ago and I have some DPNs, so I must have done something with those, too. What, I don't have any idea, but I have them, so I must have used them, right? So, piece of cake, should be like riding a bicycle... Right?

Well, sort of. After a couple of false starts and fiddling 5 DPNs and a cable needle about, I'm doing pretty well, I think. I thought about trying cabling without a cable needle, but I'm not that brave yet. Although, I forgot I'd bookmarked Kathy's tutorial and I think I can do this!

I'm using Patons Classic Wool in Denim Marl. How do you like them so far?

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home