Sunday, June 12, 2005

Saturday score!

Soleil is almost finished, I have the left front done up to the last of the decreases and I'm working on the right front. When I get the decreases done on that side, I'll put them both back on the circular needles and knit them up to the correct length at the same time. Then I don't have to keep track of how many rows I'm doing and both sides will be the same.

I started a scarf that I've been wanting to make. It's a version of this Magic Scarf . I'm not knitting it the round and I've added beads, but the principle is the same, dropping every other stitch at the end to make the lacy effect. I'm using TLC Cara Mia in the 2501 Aqua. It's really more of a seafoam color, I think. It took forever to string all those beads.

Here's a picture of the beginning taken at Don Pablo's:



I also stopped at Value Village to see what was new there. I always look to see if they have any knitting needles that I don't already have. I try not to look at the yarn as I already have a ton yarn to use up for charity projects, but today I scored!

Someone cleared out their stash of better yarns and I picked out a few nice yarns, most priced at $.69. With my volunteer discount, I paid $3.48 for everything.

I got 2 balls (20 grams, 154 yards) of Nevada super kid mohair (originally marked $6.95 each) for $2.29 for both. That's the only yarn I got that was labeled, but I also got some cotton yarns and (I think) some fingerweight wool. I'll have to try the match test tomorrow and see if it melts or burns.

I also signed up for a sock class at Needlework Unlimited. Socks are something I haven't tried yet and, while I think I could learn on my own, I'm looking forward to the class environment. Theyre also having a 20% off sale on all their yarns, 15% off needles and books, patterns and magazines are buy one, get the second one at half price. Great for the stash, bad for the wallet. :-)

Hmmm... I wonder if there's anything I forgot to get, maybe I better go back tomorrow...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home