Sunday, November 12, 2006

I Left My Heart...

... in San Francisco. I just got back from 5 days in San Francisco and, now that I've caught up on my sleep and caught up at work, I have a few things I can show you.

This is the Cable Twist sock that I started in my last post. It flew with me to San Fran and I was able to finish almost all of the sock, I got to the end of the gusset decreases at the airport waiting for our flight back home. I finished it last night.

I was almost done with the foot when it dawned on me that I didn't leave 3 purls on one side of the sock to define the pattern on the top of the foot. I'm not sure if you can see it in the picture (click for big). I took pictures of both sides of the sock. It looks fine, but I'm wishing I would have kept 3 purls on both sides. It would have created an odd number of stitches on the heel flap, bit I could have easily added an extra stitch.

I've decided that for the second sock, I'm going to mirror this one and do a right twist on the pattern. I'll have to move stitched around a bit, too, to keep the purls on the foot mirrored.

Are these cool, or what?! Oh, what are they, you ask? They're lemons! They're called Buddha's Hand Citron and they're beautiful. If I had a way to bring one home without breaking it and knew what to do with it once I got it home, I would have bought one... Or several! These were at the Old Oakland Farmer's Market a block from our hotel. There's a vendor there that has the BEST Seafood Gumbo and serves it with cornbread. I had it last year and again this year. Most shrimp dishes it seems you have to hunt for the one lone wee shrimp. I had the small portion ($5) and there were at least 15 shrimp in there, along with chicken and sausage.

In addition to finishing one Cable Twist sock, I also made two more hats and completed a pair of socks to put into my Dulaan project box. The hats I made on the plane on the way out and in the hotel. No knitting on the flight home, it was the red eye flight and I recall taking off and the next thing I knew, we were landing at the MSP airport. Slept like a baby, I did, I did.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home