Sunday, October 22, 2006

Socktoberfest Sunday Sky

It's Socktober and I've made some headway on my Socktoberfest socks. I love, love LOVE the colors! (Click for big.) This is sock number one and I'm thinking of bringing it as my plane project on my trip to San Francisco, but I'm worried about the lighting on the plane. One of the colors almost matches the color of the dpn's and more than once I've thought I dropped a stitch.

Cisco and I are headed out to San Francisco, actually Oakland, again this year to hit the Bay Area Bead Extravaganza, better known as B.A.B.E. We'll be hooking up with some old friends we haven't seen in awhile and be putting faces to people we've known for years on the net. I am SO looking forward to this.

I've finished a few more items for my Dulaan box, three hats and another pair of socks. So pretty! I found I can finish a hat in one evening and a pair of socks in less than a week. I'm using Bernat Softee Baby for the pair of socks in this picture.

I'll be able to get two pairs of socks per skein. This pair was done on US size two needles. I took them and the rest of the skein to the Post Office when taking care of other business and asked them to weigh them separately. The pair of socks weighed 1.8 ounces and the rest of the skein weighed 2.3 ounces. I stepped up the next pair to US size 3 needles and I think I'll be using most of that 2.3 ounces. They are noticeably different in size, so I think I'll keep doing that with each skein.

And, I'll leave you with some Sunday sun and sky. It was cloudy most of the week (and weekend) with the sun popping only through now and then.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home