Tuesday, October 31, 2006

My Visit to the Frog Pond

I tried this sock on before I got to the heel flap and it was really tight going over the heel. I decided to forge ahead and see how it fit after finishing the heel flap, I thought maybe it was just tight because I had all the needles in it. Nope... It was still way too tight.


So, this happened. I could have made another pair of socks that were too small, or I could start over. As you can see, adult beverages were involved.


And what we now have is a lovely cake of yarn. I still love the colors, and just need to rethink the pattern. Either add a purl stitch between each repeat, or knit every other row.


And, so, I started these, that's Harley checking out the new sock. I saw the pair that Kathy made and I thought this would be the perfect pattern to bring on my trip. The yarn is easier to see on the needles, the other yarn had a splotch of tan almost the exact same colors as my needles that made it difficult to see in poor light. The pattern is Cable Twist Socks from Hello Yarn. Like Kathy, I modified the pattern a bit as I'm using sock yarn rather than worsted weight. My pattern repeat is 9 stitches, 6 in the cable and 3 purl on US size 1 (2.25mm) needles.


I have a few more items for my Dulaan Project box. 5 more caps and 1 1/2 pairs of socks bringing my total to 9 caps and 3.5 pairs of socks.


I also went over to Michaels and dropped off 26 squares for the Warm Up America project. Not as many as last year, but still enough to make a half of a quilt.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home