Tuesday, August 08, 2006

Knitting in tandem

I started a pair of socks for my Mom for Christmas. The stitch pattern is adapted from the Winding Trail stitch pattern found in
Big Book of Knitting Stitch Patterns. I'm using Lana Grossa Meilenweit with Crystal Palace US size 1 (2.25mm) needles. (As always, click for bigger pics.)

I haven't knit socks in tandem for awhile, so I thought I'd go ahead and knit both socks at the same time... So of course, the socks are going to be too small (read tight) and, by the time I figured that out, I was too far along to want to rip out and start over. If it was just one sock, maybe, but two?!? Plus, and I can't believe it, I think each sock is going to go over 1 skein! Zoiks!

How do you like my new necklace? I got the sheep bead at the U.M.B.S. Spring Bead Retreat in March (sorry, I don't recall who the lampworker is) and couldn't decide what I wanted to do with it... Until just recently.

The Clover stitch counter goes well with a simple spiral stitch rope and Padparadscha Swarovski Crystals, I think. Love me some crystals! I made the pendant detachable so I can use it for a big ol' honkin' stitch marker, or I can slip on a different stitch counter for another project.

Reason number 473 (like you really need a number) to keep a project to go in the car with you at all times. Although a relatively short train, it kept going back and forth and back and forth to add new cars to the train, so I got in about 15 minutes of knitting and a good photo op. ;-)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home