Wednesday, August 16, 2006

Half Moon at Noon

Can you see it? (Click pic for biggy pic.) I was standing in my front yard yesterday, talking to my next door neighbor, when I happened to look up. There, perfectly framed by the branches of the oak tree, was a half moon at noon.

I finished my Winding Trail socks and didn't have to break into the extra skein of yarn I bought, just in case. They're only slightly snug, so we'll see how they fit after hand washing. I think my mom's feet are a bit smaller than mine, so they may not be too small for her, after all.

Here's a close up of the pattern, how pretty! I'm rather pleased with the way these turned out.

In other sock news, I'm thisclose to having my Claudia socks finished for my Socks for Soldiers group. I think I have about 7 rows left on the toe decrease, then kitchener the toe and weave in the loose ends. WooHoo! Then it's back to finishing Big Black Sock #6.

I also went over to the Minnesota State Fair with my friend Cisco to drop off our entries for this year. I entered the Baby Cable socks I just finished and the Paws to Remember shawl as well as a few beaded items. Cisco entered 2 of her gorgeous silver pendants and a polymer clay dragon. Wish us luck!

1 Comments:

At August 17, 2006 12:46 PM, Blogger Susan (ZenKnit) said...

Good luck to both of you. Are you going to the Bead Retreat? I might see if I can manage getting in (if the date works, can't remember). I doubt they would turn away a former member, right?

Beautiful socks! Back to your blog to see where the pattern came from.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home