Sunday, August 06, 2006

Of Socks and Blogging

I don't know why I'm such a bad blogger. I think it's because the bloggers I read manage to post long witty entries almost every day and it me weary. LOL I've seen a few bloggers add just a picture or a couple of sentences throughout the day, or every other day, so maybe I'll try that approach.

I finished my "Trek Along With Me" socks in Trekking XXL colour #67 (click pic for biggy pic). I did a Baby Cable pattern on Crystal Palace size 1,5 (2.5mm) needles. I love the socks, but think I'll go down to size 1 (2.25mm) needles next time I use this yarn (LOVE this yarn). I was also pleased to see that I had quite a bit of yarn left over, no clue what I'll do with it, but now I know I can make the leg longer,if I choose.


I have several socks on the needles. Actually, the first sock of this pair is complete. Claudia of Claudia Hand Painted Yarn donated $1,500 of her hand painted yarn to my Socks for Soldiers group to knit up leisure socks to be sent overseas. The stitch pattern is the Double Herringbone Weave adapted from Barbara Walker's ."A Second Treasury of Knitting Patterns." This yarn is a dream to work with and it's a good thing this sock is too big for me or it might not get shipped out! I will be purchasing some of her yarn to make something for myself. For anyone in the Twin Cities area, Borealis carries her yarn. Try it, you'll like it. I swear!

1 Comments:

At August 08, 2006 5:24 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I love your Trekking socks. It's a great match-up between pattern and yarn. Where can the Baby Rib pattern be found?

 

Post a Comment

<< Home