Tuesday, February 05, 2008

And I was doing so well...

... with posting more often. Ah, well...

Anyhow, this is the last full pair of socks I knit in 2007. I started them at the UMBS Bead Retreat last March and finished them up in November. They were my "to go" socks that I carry in my purse at all times and only knit on when I'm in the car, standing in line, on the plane, etc. The patterns is the Baby Cable, mindless knitting and perfect for a carry along project. The yarn is Lana Grossa Meilenweit and I love, love, love the color.

Also done are the Lorna's Laces Scallop socks. Bridging the New Year, sock 1 was finished in December of 2008 (OK, except for kitchenering the toe and weaving in the ends) and sock 2 was finished in January. And the snaggle did end up in the foot and not the lace. Good.

I haven't worn either pair yet. I have so many that I wear already, that I don't want to wear them just for the sake of wearing them. I will, however, knit them for the sake of knitting them. :^) What?! So do you!

And here's the new sock on the block... Or in my purse. I'm using Wildefoote Elderberry and I love the color, but the pattern isn't really visible. It's the Woven Rib pattern stitch on page 100 of the new Harmony Guides Knit & Purl book. I think the stitch would be better suited to a solid yarn, but I'm this far and I'm not ripping it out. So there!

Monika has started up the Happy Paw shop on Etsy to benefit the TLC Cat Shelter in Langley, BC, CA. Please go visit because you need mittens! Yes!! You do!!!

1 Comments:

At February 12, 2008 12:29 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Wow, what a pretty color, that salmon orange. They must be really warm !! You should go to Edmonton for sure !!!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home