Thursday, January 03, 2008

Not Feeling the Lorna Love

The very first sock of the new year. It would have been the last sock of 2007, but I was too busy gabbing with Monika online and didn't get it finished. On the first day of January, I kitchnered the toe and wove in the ends. I've heard so much about this yarn and it is nice, but, IMHO, not all that. Especially when I went to wind up the second skein.

Had this been the first skein wound, I think I might have tossed all 4 skeins (2 in another colorway) and called it a day. When I got it on my swift, it was so tangled that I had to wind it by hand rather than my ball winder because I had to weave it over and under strands. Sometimes every round, sometimes after 5 or 8 rounds. Then, a little more than halfway though, I found this mess.

WTF is this all about?! It's not a break, it one ply that's about 3 inches longer and just hangin' out. Hopefully it's far enough along that it will be in the foot and not in the lace. Bugger!

What was supposed to be a 10 minute task took well over an hour. In that time, I had expected to have the yarn wound, the sock cast on and at least one round done.

Anyhow... I used the Scallops stitch pattern from Harmony Guides, Volume 2, page 53 on US size 1 (2.25mm) needles. This is the same pattern I used to make my Tofutsie Socks. Second skein is wound and rewound on my ball winder and the second sock is cast on.

Yeah, Zack wasn't all that impressed either.

1 Comments:

At April 21, 2010 7:20 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

wOoOw...good to know about the lorna's lace yarn. o_O I hate it when expensive yarn is funky. Like when you have a piece that has a knot and then it lasts about 40 sts then theres another knot!?! (Brown sheep lanaloft, but it was only once)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home