Tuesday, June 12, 2007

Clapotis Unblocked

My Clapotis shawl is done and ready for blocking (click pics for big). It took exactly 2 weeks to do the actual knitting and I wove in all the ends, all 20 of them, on Sunday morning. I'm going to soak it overnight and block it in the morning. I don't want to stretch it too much in the blocking because I like the drape, but I want to soften the cotton and linen fibers.

It's beautiful and I love it! I did have enough yarn to complete the pattern without having to drop a repeat in the third section. I have about half of the last skein left, so I probably could have added a repeat! I think I'll make a headband with what's left.

The yarn is Reynolds Garden Tweed in colorway 04. I picked it up at the Needlework Unlimited Yarn Outlet. That place is dangerous to my pocketbook! Everything is half price all the time. They're only open on the weekends and you never know what they'll have in stock.

This is a squirrel proof bird feeder. It's obviously not chipmunk proof. This little guy is so cute that I can't get mad at him, even though he's stealing and stashing a good half of all the seed I put out. If you click on the picture, you can see how fat and stuffed his cheeks are.

The birds are still getting plenty of food as judged by all the poop on my front porch, more so than any other year! And, while the squirrels can't eat directly from the feeder, they're still getting plenty of seeds that are dropped on the ground.

This one's for Chris. She started quite the phenom in blog land when she started posting belly pictures of Chaos and Mayhem. Sophie is enjoying a nap; she's very good at napping because she practices so much.

OH! I almost forgot! I mailed off my box of items for the Dulaan project. Final count was 7 pairs of children's socks, 29 children's hats and a woman's shawl. YAY!

2 Comments:

At June 22, 2007 10:09 PM, Blogger Chris said...

Fuzzy tummy!! :) Your clapotis looks good. I'm afraid of the NU Outlet... I don't want to go there at all.

Hmm, I wonder if there feeders that are squirrel AND chipmunk proof?

 
At June 26, 2007 12:19 AM, Blogger knitintensity said...

What a nice fluffy tummy!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home