Tuesday, February 20, 2007

Faina, Socks and a Side of Pi

Faina is coming along nicely, I'm enjoying the journey and I love, love, love knitting with the Misti Alpaca.

This is Faina at 101 rows. I'm actually quite a bit further along since I took this picture. Rows 54 through 133 repeat a total of four times and I'm at row 99 of the second repeat (178 rows total). It looks like a limp blob without being pinned out and I was just too lazy to pin it out again.

Here's a picture of the detail (as always click on any picture for a larger view). I made a few mistakes when I first started out, but I tinked a few times and now I take a quick check (and count) at the end of each even (RS) row and I've only made one mistake in the last 75 or so rows.

Maybe it's overkill to count each row, but I'd rather tink back less than 61 stitches than to catch the mistake rows later and tink back several rows. So, anyhow, I'm 34 rows away from the halfway mark.

I finished my Cherry Tree Hill Baby Cable socks, how yummy are these?! The color is so much brighter in real life, I couldn't capture it on camera. There's not a colorway printed on the label, just "Jewels" is checked off and the colors are rich jewel tones.

I have another skein marked "Water," but I think a better name would be "Easter Eggs." Such pretty bright spring pastels.

As promised from my last post, here are some pictures of the latest Kitty Pi. See how nice and big it is before felting? Sophie and Zack could have both fit in there nicely with room to spare.

See what happens when running it through the wash twice? I should have checked better after the first cycle. Now Zack will sleep ON it, but no way will any of the three cats be able to sleep IN it. :^)

And, finally, I mailed 15 hats today to Kate today. YAY!

5 Comments:

At February 26, 2007 4:27 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Got your link from Jenla. Love your little kitty. He/she looks so happy! Your Faina (sp?) is beautiful also!

 
At February 26, 2007 4:53 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Faina looks gorgeous, and so does that adorable cat :)

 
At February 26, 2007 6:56 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Faina looks great! Nice kitty pic but I love Harley! He looks like my Hezekiah and Sheba. I love the Log Cabin too. Mine in languishing in a tote somewhere.

 
At February 28, 2007 7:25 AM, Blogger Mini said...

Pumpkin says to thank your cats for "helping" knit fun fur hats. :)

Thanks again!

:) Kate

 
At March 07, 2007 1:59 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Love the Pi = any way you can flip it upside down and make it a hat?
Or re wet and put it on a big pot to stretch it?
Pretty kitties.
Holly

 

Post a Comment

<< Home